THE LIFT BEGINS BEFORE YOU EVEN TOUCH THE BAR. Clear your mind of can't- embrace a calm intensity and walk up to the bar envisioning the bar moving off the ground.
- There are three phases to the deadlift: the pre-lift mindset, the approach/set-up, and the actual lift.
- The harder you squeeze the bar, the more you cue your nervous system.
- Once you approach the bar, you've got to have a ritual, a process, or an outline.
- Strength is a skill. Every time you approach the lift, you should be robotic.
- After you've done all the prep work, all you have to do is stand up.
FRIDAY CROSSFIT 1/20/17
A. Deadlift (1 RM)
Suggested Warm Up: 5@60%, 3@70%, 2@80%, 2@85%, 1@95%, 1@105%
B. Metcon (AMRAP - Reps)
15 min EMOM Alt:
1. Max MU in 40 sec
2. 50 DU
3. 10 OVH Lunges 95/65
Score is MU reps